Lighten Up + Protective Moisturizer
Lighten Up + Protective Moisturizer
Bye Bye Post-Acne Red Marks • Repair, Renew, Rejuvenate
✅ Fades the appearance of post-acne red scars
✅ Reduces the chance of collecting stubborn brown pigmentation
✅ Reduces general redness, blushing, flushing
✅ Brightens skin tone
✅ Improves texture
✅ Reduces sensitivity
Suitable for: Dry, sensitive or combination skin.
Perfect combination for those going through Accutane/isotretinoin. This duo will work together to calm redness, improve texture and foster healing while your are going through your course of medication.
|GET A FREE ASSESSMENT
Want personalized recommendations? Chat us via Facebook or Instagram and get skincare advice from our specialists. We’re committed to help.
Our entire lineup is cruelty-free and vegan. For the love of all creatures great and small.
If you are looking for a different pairing, you can still save 8% by making your own bundle:MIX & MATCH 2 ITEMS
What makes Clearly Basics different?
We’ve taken products that are normally sold in a dermatologist’s office at 3x the price and made it available for everyday consumers. We select medical grade (USP certified) ingredients when potency matters, but less expensive cosmetic grade ingredients when purity is not a concern.
Why is the Lighten Up different?
There are very few formulations on the market designed to fade the appearance of post-acne scars and even fewer formulations that are effective. Clearly Basics’ Lighten Up formulation is the best in its class.
Active Ingredients: Lighten Up
- Calendula – A natural oil extracted from marigold flowers, calendula is an anti-oxidant that protects the skin against environmental damage. It increases hydration within the skin.
- Bisabolol – An essential oil extracted from the chamomile flower, bisabolol is an excellent anti-irritant. It is a soothing agent that acts as a humectant to help lock in a skin’s natural moisture.
- Pracaxi Oil – This tea tree oil found in the Amazon is very effective in promoting wound healing and to soothe irritation and inflammation.
- Reduces hyperpigmentation: Teixeira et al, 2012
- Hydration: By hydrating the lesion, the skin does not need to produce extra collagen that may lead to textured scarring. Banov et al, 2014
- Keeping the surface clean: As a tea tree oil, pracaxi is effective in keeping open lesions clean. Dr Guimaraes & Dr Cunha, 2016
aqua, cyclomethicone, alpha-bisabolol natural, olea europaea fruit oil, glycerin, chamomille recutita (Matricaria) flower extract, tocopherol, calendula officinalis flower extract, acrylamide, isohexadecane, polysorbate 80, hydro swelling droplet polymer complex, sodium acryloydimethyl taurate copolymer, isopropyl alcohol, carbomer, pentaclethra macroloba seed oil, methylparaben, propylparaben
Volume: 15ml, 0.5 fluid ounces. Each bottle is designed to last 1-3 months depending on the number of post-acne red scars present.
Why is the Protective Moisturizer different?
This formulation is loaded with medical grade peptides + resveratrol that help stimulate your skin to repair. Clearly’s Protective Moisturizer is a best in class formulation that simultaneously strengthens skin and reduces sensitivity and redness.
Active Ingredients: Protective Moisturizer
- Resveratrol (medical grade)
- Peptides (medical grade) – These short amino acid chains communicate with cells to stimulate regrowth and repair. Dr Schagen, 2018
- Aloe vera – Absorbs free radicals, harmful UV radiation and fosters healing of the skin. Dr Surjushe, et al, 2008
water, cetearyl alcohol, cyclomethicone, cetearyl ethylhexanoate, isopropyl myristate, PPG-3 benzyl ether ethylhexanoate, glycerin, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, tocopheryl acetate, resveratrol, palmitoyl dipeptide-5 diaminobutyroyl hydroxythreonine, palmitoyl dipeptide-5 diaminohydroxybutyrate, aloe barbadensis leaf juice powder, cucumber extract, allantoin, grapefruit seed extract, BHT, phenoxyethanol, ethylhexylglycerin
Volume: 30ml, 1.01 fluid ounces. Each bottle is designed to last 3 months being applied nightly.
Originally designed for our users who were going through a course of accutane/isotretinoin, these two formulations will help to reduces the redness, improve texture and repair compromised skin.
What it does:
The Lighten Up will fade the appearance of red acne scars and the Moisturizer will calm sensitivity, general redness/blushing and improve texture. These two formulations were originally formulated to help users going through accutane.
What it is formulated without:
Fragrance-, colorant-, lanolin-free. PETA certified vegan and cruelty-free. This non-comedogenic formulation is freshly made in Singapore and packed in airless bottles so there are minimal preservatives.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why do I need two formulations?
In what order do I apply this Duo?
- Wash your face / apply toner.
- Lighten Up
- Moisturizer, sunblock or other products you normally use
- Wash your face / apply toner
- Lighten Up
- Moisturizer or other products you normally use
If there are products on this list that you normally do not use, just skip that step.
Can I use these products alongside my other skincare products?
What type of redness does each formulation address?
Can I use this Duo on my back and body?
What types of acne scars does the Lighten Up help?
If your post-acne scar has collected brown pigmentation due to UV exposure, we are currently working on a anti-brown scar formulation. This is anticipated to release by the end of 2019.
Please speak to your dermatologist concerning the correction of pitted or raised scars.